If you love watching movies and TV shows, you must have tried downloading the Catmouse app on Firestick. But the app is not available on the Amazon app store, can you still download it? Yes, you can install the Catmouse app on Firestick, and there is a straightforward process for it.
There are two methods to download the Catmouse app, and I tried both methods to see if they work or not. In this post, I have covered both methods to help you install this app. Now you don’t have to wonder how to install Catmouse on Firestick anymore since this guide has got you covered.
- What is Catmouse App? Should You Install Catmouse App on Firestick?
- Can You Install Catmouse Apk on Firestick?
- How to Configure Your Firestick to Install Catmouse Apk
- Steps to Install the Catmouse Apk App on Firestick: Two Methods Explained
- How to Set up the Catmouse App on Firestick
- Not Able to Install Catmouse on Firestick? Here’s What’s Wrong
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
What is Catmouse App? Should You Install Catmouse App on Firestick?
Similar to Amazon Prime, Netflix, and other OTT platforms, Catmouse is an app you can stream movies and TV shows on. The best part about using Catmouse is that you don’t have to pay that hefty monthly subscription.
With the Catmouse Apk App, you can stream thousands of TV shows and movies in high quality. Here are some reasons why installing Catmouse on Firestick makes sense.
Free to Use
You don’t have to pay any fee or enter your credit card details to get started with this platform. Just download it on your Firestick, launch the app, and you can enjoy watching the content you like.
While the quality is not something you get to watch on Amazon Prime and Netflix, it’s not bad either. Regular users can stream the content in high quality, and real-debris users can connect their account with the Catmouse app to stream movies or TV shows in 4K quality.
A Wide Library
There is a wide library of content available in Catmouse. The best part is that they have categorized the content, and you can easily find what you want to watch.
Catmouse does not show any ads in between the movies and TV shows, so you can watch them without any distractions, Though, there may be some ads during the start and end of the movies, and that’s okay because it’s a free streaming platform.
Can You Install Catmouse Apk on Firestick?
Yes, you can install Catmouse Apk on Firestick. As the app works on any Android platform, you can sideload it from third-party websites and start streaming the content you want to enjoy. Here are some important details that you’d like to know about Catmouse.
- App Name: Catmouse Apk
- App Version: V2.5
- Developer: Catmouse.Rocks
- Price: Free
- Category: TV shows and Movies
- Last Updated: 8 Aug 2020
How to Configure Your Firestick to Install Catmouse Apk
You need to download the Catmouse app from an external site, and Firestick won’t allow it unless you turn on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option. Follow the steps listed below, and you can easily configure your Firestick for installing downloaded from external sites.
- Press the Home button, and tap on Settings. Scroll and choose My Fire TV.
- Scroll down, and select “Developer Options.”
- Select “Apps from Unknown Sources” and turn it On. Click on Turn on, and you are good to go. It would be great if you could restart the Firestick for a quick refresh to enable apps installation.
Install a VPN
Installing a VPN is not mandatory, but the Catmouse app does not work in multiple locations. When I was downloading the Catmouse app on my Firestick, I installed Cyber Ghost VPN to stay protected and to access the content without any restrictions.
Do you know how to download a VPN on Firestick? If yes, go ahead and download it. Else follow the steps explained here
Steps to Install the Catmouse Apk App on Firestick: Two Methods Explained
There are two methods for downloading the Catmouse app on Firestick, and I’ve explained both methods below. Now that you have configured your Fire TV Stick, you are all set to download the Catmouse app and start streaming.
Method 1: How to Install Catmouse on Firestick Using the Downloader App
Downloader is a fantastic app you can use to download apps from third-party sites on your Firestick. Also, it is free to use, and you don’t have to take any subscriptions.
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV Stick, and click on Find.
- Select Search, and enter Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
- Choose the first app displayed in the list.
- Click on Get to download the app, and wait for it to get installed. Once done, launch the Downloader app on Firestick.
- In the main search bar of the tool, paste this link: http://firesticktricks.com/catmouse and click on Go.
- The Catmouse app will start getting downloaded on your Firestick. After the app gets downloaded, you’ll see a prompt on the screen to install it. Click on Install.
- After the installation, you can open the app or click on Done.
Great, you have successfully installed the Catmouse app on your Firestick. Now you can delete the Apk file from the Downloader by clicking on the Files option available on the menu bar.
Method 2: How to Install Catmouse on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is also a downloading software you can use to download stuff on your Fire Tv Stick. The best thing about ES File Explorer is the features it offers. Here is a demonstration of how to get ES File Explorer on your Firestick and then download the Catmouse app.
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote, click on Find, and select Search.
- Type ES File Explorer using the remote, and choose the first app from the list of available options. Click on Get to download the app.
- Launch ES File Explorer on Firestick, and select New from the menu bar.
- You’ll get a prompt for entering the link, paste this link: http://firesticktricks.com/catmouse to download the Catmouse app.
- After downloading the app, give confirmation for installation, and it’ll be installed on your Firestick.
How to Set up the Catmouse App on Firestick
The process of setting up the Catmouse app on Firestick is straightforward, and you can quickly do it within minutes. If you are not sure where to look for apps on a Firestick, go through the steps listed below.
- Press the Home button, and click the Application icon on the menu bar.
- Scroll down and find the Catmouse app icon. The icon looks something like this:
- Click on the app to launch it, and you’ll be asked to Allow the Catmouse app to access the photos and other media on your Firestick. Click on Allow.
- If there is a newer version of the app available, you’ll see a prompt to update it. Click on Update to download the new version, or you can click on Cancel to go ahead and watch the available content.
- Dismiss all prompts that you get, and the app will ask you to choose a player. You can use any player, including SO Player, MX Player, or VLC Player, or the default video player.
- Now click on Proceed, and you can access the home screen. Use your Firestick remote to browse through the available options and watch the content you like.
- The Catmouse app also recommends you trending content, new shows, and top-rated movies so you can get quick recommendations if you are confused about what to watch.
Not Able to Install Catmouse on Firestick? Here’s What’s Wrong
Many users told me that they weren’t able to install the Catmouse app despite following the steps listed in this article. After some thorough investigation, I found several issues that restrict the download of Catmouse or any third-party apps on a Firestick.
1. Poor Internet
You need a fast and stable internet connection to download the Catmouse app. Grab your smartphone, and run a quick speed test. If you think that the speed is not enough, refresh the router, and try again. The minimum speed should be 5 MBPS to download apps on the Firestick and stream content on them.
2. No Storage Space
If there is no storage space on the Firestick, you cannot download the Catmouse or any other application. First, check how much available space is there to be sure that lack of storage space is the issue.
- Press the Home button and select Settings.
- Choose My Fire TV, and click on About.
- Scroll down to Storage and select it. You’ll see the total storage and the available storage on the right side of the screen.
If there is not enough storage to download the Catmouse Apk app, you need to free some of it. The app requires at least 200 MBPS to store its data, such as libraries and more. There are many ways to free storage space. Either you can delete some apps or clear their data. Below are the steps to uninstall apps and remove their data.
- Go to the home screen of your Firestick and select Settings.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications, and you’ll get a list of apps installed on your Fire Tv Stick.
- Select the app that you want to uninstall, and click on it. Choose Uninstall and confirm your action to delete the app.
- Alternatively, you can choose Clear Data to clear the libraries and other saved data.
Now try to download the Catmouse app again, and you can download it without any issues.
3. Update the Firestick
If the issue still persists, it could be due to using an old Fire OS. It is essential to update the Fire OS to get a seamless experience of installing and using multiple apps.
- Go to Settings on your Fire Tv Stick, and select My Fire TV.
- Scroll down, and select About.
- Click on Check for System Update.
- If there’s an update available, the Firestick will tell you about it.
- Click on Update to download the newer update and install it on your Fire TV Stick.
After the update, your Firestick will reboot. Follow the steps to install the Catmouse app, and you can get it on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest and most affordable way to watch movies for free on Firestick is by downloading the Catmouse app. You can sideload this app by using Downloader or ES File Explorer and enjoy streaming movies or TV shows for free.
It could be due to the unavailability of the particular app on your Firestick. However, you can fix it by using a VPN. Install any reliable VPN on your Firestick and choose the location where the Catmouse app is available for use.
This could be because of the VPN. Some VPNs slow down the internet speed because they also consume bandwidth. Get an internet upgrade if you want to stream on the Catmouse app using a VPN.
Catmouse is one of the best apps you can download on a Fire Tv Stick to watch movies and TV shows for free. The app has a variety of movies and TV shows you can filter based on trending, the latest added, and based on your preferences. Make sure to use a good VPN to stay protected and to watch content without any restrictions.
Are you facing any issues while downloading the Catmouse app? Drop your questions in the comments section, and I’ll help you fix the issues.
Keep following us for more amazing how-to guides on Firestick and know some fantastic tricks to be a smart Fire TV Stick user.